Wednesday 16 March 2016

It's a Creative Life - March 2016

Sometimes, running a small business, especially from home, can feel a little lonely, but it really doesn’t have to be. Over the last few years I have met some wonderful people who have helped me on my journey and I’m hoping you will find some of that support and advice in this magazine. I have to say, I’m really excited about having the opportunity to contribute towards that.

A little bit about me and my hopes for this column.
I’m Kerry, I started my papercutting business, Paperama®, 3 years ago without any real idea of what I was doing or what I was letting myself in for. I can tell you it’s been a whirlwind of a journey so far and I’ll never stop wanting to learn and develop more.

You have this idea in your head, you want out of the rat race, you want to be able to spend more time with your family and on activities that you enjoy; then BOOM the realities of running your own professional business set in and the wobbles start, doubt creeps in. However, here I am, still loving it, still having the odd wobble here and there but still reaching for the stars. You can read more about the beginnings of Paperama® over on my blog http://www.paperama.co.uk/blog/

I am also a youth worker and have been for almost 14 years. As a youth worker I am all about encouraging growth and development, providing support and direction. I would like to think that I can bring some of those skills to this column.

I have ideas of the things I’d like to cover, and the direction I’d like to take:

  • Ups and downs of running your own business
  • Support with business concerns / worries
  • Differences between art / crafts as a hobby and being a professional artisan 
  • Papercutting 
  • Enjoying arts / crafts when it is your business
  • Arts and Crafts as therapy / relaxation for all ages   
However, I would very much like you to be a part of this. I am keen to hear from you, what is it you would like support with, what are your questions, your worries /hurdles, what experiences have you had so far in your journey that might help others? I am also thinking about some goal setting and challenge participation … oh I am excited.

Please feel free to send me your thoughts / ideas / questions by emailing the Guild and mark it FAO Kerry.

Find Kerry on Facebook www.facebook.com/Paperama.Kerry







It's a Creative Life is published in our PCG News - Find the latest issue here

No comments:

Post a Comment